Pros & Cons of Payday Loans
You can face dozens situations when you may need to use payday loans. But if do it for the first time, it is worth learning about main pros and cons of this service.
Here is the list of main advantages of payday loans:
- Convenience: you can apply for a loan any time as most companies work 24 hours a day. Moreover, you can fill out an application online.
- No paperwork: payday loans provide assistance to the people who don’t have a full package of documents (certificates of income and so on).
- One document only: you need your passport only to obtain a loan.
- Approval: your application will be approved within several hours. Moreover, 95% of applicants are issued cash.
- No restrictions: spend your money as you like.
- Small loans: you can borrow a sum up to $700 depending on the state you live.
- Confidential: payday loans never share your personal data with other companies, it remains secure.
- No collateral and guarantors.
Bear in mind the following disadvantages of payday loans:
- High interest rate and fee: the annual percentage rate is up to 1500%. Read the agreement attentively before signing it. You should understand the figures clearly (amount, terms, fees and so on).
- Short terms: you have from 2 to 4 weeks to get funds to repay. It becomes especially hard if you earn little money or are unemployed.
- Risks: you may get into a bigger trouble and delay the repayment. When you apply for a loan, you don’t know what happens next. You cannot be sure that you will not need another sum of money very soon and will not be able to return the previous debt.
You should know that there are cases when payday loans become the only decision. However, some people abuse this service and apply for a loan when want to buy a new dress or go the party. Remember that payday loans are just a last-ditch method to fix money problem.